- Overall argument is that people can help each other out by using resources, such as the internet and social media in modern day compared to many years ago.
- Shirky tells readers that a woman lost her phone while riding a cab. Her phone contained much information such as contacts and wedding information. One of her friends was helpful by creating a website to help retrieve the phone.
- My reaction is that I agree with Shirky that technology has evolved in such a way that social networks, media and the internet has changed many of our lives.
- Overall argument is that there are advantages and disadvantages when it comes to organizing events or meetings for large companies or small companies.
- Shirky discusses the advantages of having smaller groups than larger groups.
- My reaction is that I agree with Shirky that it is easier to make decisions, solve a problem and listen to people’s opinions in smaller groups than in larger groups. Working with larger groups can sometimes become very chaotic and may lead to misunderstandings.
- Overall argument is that there is no privacy when it comes to publishing something online or over the media because everybody has the freedom of sharing any information.
- Shirky shares that there are different ways of sharing information throughout the world and to people.
- My reaction is that I feel uncertain whether or not there should be privacy on posts. Sometimes information can lead to findings or interesting facts, but some information that is published may hurt someone.